From VITAL Lab Public Wiki
The Virtual Credit Union on the Teen Grid of Second Life
The Teen Financial Literacy Education Game is a financial literacy education game that teenagers can play in the Second Life 3-D online virtual world. It was jointly developed by the VITAL Lab at Ohio University, Members United Corporate Federal Credit Union, and Filene Research Institute. The objective of the game is to learn how to manage one's finance throughout his or her lifetime in a simulated environment.
SLURL (Location of the Credit Union island on the Second Life Teen Grid): http://slurl.com/secondlife/Credit%20Union/89/116/24/
Sims: "Credit Union," "Credit Union 2" (Both in TG)
- Phase 2 Screenshots
- Financial Literacy Game Poster for Student Research and Creative Activity Expo 2009
- Credit Union Island Opening Event Press Release
- 3/11/09, The Post, "Credit Union Island dispenses 'edutainment' at financial seminar"
- 3/6/09, GameFWD, "Virtual Finance Teaches Real Financial Skills in Second Life"
- 2/23/09, The CEO Report, "Credit Union Island goes live" (page 7)
- 2/12/09, Credit Union National Association, "Now open in Second Life: CU Island"
- 2/12/09, Ohio University Outlook, "Boosting financial literacy a click at a time"
- 2/9/09, Ohio University College of Business, "Finance Professor Helps Develop Virtual Game"
- 2/4/09, Credit Union National Association, "Filene to pilot Virtual Finance in Ohio school".
- 2/4/09, Credit Union Journal, "Filene Institute Develops Virtual Finance 3D Project"