The Great Invertebrate Race
- Note: This module cannot be downloaded via the Internet.
- It is available for free on our Second Life Teen Grid Island.
- This island is open to the public but is limited to people who are 13 through 17 years old.
- If you want a copy of this game to use on your own region on the Second Life Teen Grid. Please have a teenager (13 through 17 years old) visit our island and obtain a copy via the boxed version of the game located under the game sign.
- Click here to teleport directly to the Ohio Teen Island where the games are located
- Click here to download the Second Life client viewer from Linden Lab
Grade and Content Area: 8th Grade – Life Sciences
In the Second Life program, students use an avatar to drive a race car round a race track trying to collect 15 different invertebrates. A student must correctly answer a question about the invertebrate in order to collect it.
Description of the Science Content of the Module: This module reinforces learning about invertebrates including phyla, characteristics, and specific organisms.
Features: Features: high score table, 12 different colored go-karts to choose from, 3 race tracks, 15 different invertebrate items, and an interactive 3D world
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. 0538588. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.