COSI video game camp to visit the VITAL Lab on June 23
We are planning for a group of up to thirty 12- to 14-year-old campers of COSI video game summer camp to visit the VITAL Lab for a full day on Thursday June 23, 2011 to learn how immersive learning games were developed at the lab. Steve Whitt, Director of Public and Member Programs of COSI, is the COSI coordinator of this event. Nathan Andre, a VITAL Lab graduate student, is the VITAL Lab coordinator.
The tentative agenda is:
- Campers leave COSI at 9 and arrive at Ohio University by 11.
- Campers spend about one hour in the lab to learn how learning games were built.
- A campus tour on the way to Stocker Center
- Packed lunch at Baker Center or Stocker Center
- Dr. Ken Sampson gives a 30-minute talk about the Russ College of Engineering and Technology
- Hands-on learning game session in ARC
- Driving the car simulator in Stocker
Here’s the status of the preparation:
- Finalization of headcount (steve)
- Preparation of the presentations (initial version, dry run) (nathan)
- Confirmation with Dr. Sampson (nathan)
- Confirmation of an appointment with a campus tour guide (nathan)
- Reservation of rooms (nathan)
- Installation of games in Stocker Lab computers (nathan)
- Parking permit for the bus (nathan)